Folger Shakespeare Library
Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
2022 – Present
Associate Director of Architectural Projects
In-house project manager for $75 million dollar renovation and capital construction projects and key participant in the planning and execution of all active and future architectural projects in multiple buildings and phases on Capitol Hill. Provide management and oversight for teams of professional consultants, contractors, and third-party vendors in relation to construction projects.
SEA Studio Architects
Bethany Beach, DE
Project designer and documentation lead for boutique hotel in Rehoboth Beach and other high-end beach houses near the Eastern Shore area. Provided complete project management of multiple disciplines & consultants.
Overland Park, Kansas
2017 – 2018
Project designer & drafter for upscale residential projects. Duties include all phases of projects including concept design and schematics, design development, material selection and specifications, construction documents. Member of Technology Committee advising studio-wide transition from AutoCAD to Revit.
McNeill Baker Architects
2015 – 2017
Project drafter and assistant designer for upscale residential architecture firm in Northern Virginia which specialized in traditional design. Duties include all phases of projects including concept design and schematics, design development, material selection and specifications, construction documents and contract administration.
Master of Architecture
• Research Assistantship in Historic Preservation digitizing Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest estate.
• Traditional Elements of Classical Architecture
Univ of Central Oklahoma
Bachelor of Arts (Public Administration & Minor in Pre-Law)
• Research in Historic Preservation & Architecture in Public Policy
• President’s Leadership Council
- Drafting & Construction Documents
- Spec. Book Preparation & Materials Planning
- Creativity & Problem Solving
- Teamwork & Presentations
TECHNICAL (IT) SKILLS
- Autodesk Revit 2021 Certified Professional User
- Chief Architect X9
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Web Design & Development
- Virginia Tech Historic Preservation Society – President & Co-Founder
- American Institute of Architects – Associate
- Institute of Classical Architecture & Art – Member
- Virginia Tech AIAS Chapter – Vice President
- Society of Architecture Historians – Member
- Society for College and University Planning – Member
- AIA Blue Ridge – Board of Directors / Student Advisor
- William “Bill” Brown Graduate Student Prize – 2019-20 Winner
- Each year the faculty of Virginia Tech’s School of Architecture and Design present the Bill Brown Prize to the second-year graduate student who best exemplifies the qualities of a successful architecture student and shows promise in professional practice of architecture.